Jobs at HVSS
Job title: SUBSTATION ELECTRICAL COMMISSIONING ENGINEER
- Our Reference Code: CE180927
- Location: England / Wales / Scotland / Northern Ireland.
- Salary: £35,000 to £55,000 per annum depending on experience.
- Benefits: Company Car, Pension, Lodge allowance outside London.
- Industry Type: Electrical (High Voltage Substations)
- Weekly working Hours: 37.5 hours, however it is expected that additional hours will be worked to fulfil business and customer’s requirements.
- Duration: Permanent
- Job Type: Full-time
- Start Date: ASAP
- Number of vacancies: 2
- Application closing date: 30th October 2018
Job Purpose: High Voltage Substation Services (HVSS) is currently recruiting for a Substation Electrical Commissioning Engineer with extensive experience in new substation builds.
These technical experts plan and carry out commissioning testing of substation equipment and in particular protection equipment to ensure network capital investment is safe and fit for purpose.
Selected candidates will be working as commissioning engineer to deliver on commissioning of primary and secondary plant, including transformers, Indoor GIS/ outdoor switchgear and associated plant on the new projects up to 132kV substation.
Qualification: - B.E.,/B.E., (Hons.) Electrical & Electronics Engineering Degree.
Knowledge, Skills, Experienced Required
Thorough Understanding of Electrical Power System up to 400kV.
The job holder would be expected to hold a relevant engineering degree. Likely to have 5 years operational experience as a substation commissioning engineer.
This is a complex field requiring high technical understanding and proficiency and will include the ability to apply practical engineering sense from first principles using a logical disciplined approach to problem solving.
Additional IT skills will allow interaction from lap top to complex modern relay schemes to programme, test, extract fault records and interpret results with a right first time approach.
The job holder is required to communicate enthusiastically in an open and unambiguous manner. The job holder will be leading site based teams using interpersonal skills rather than positional power. In this role the job holder will demonstrate the ability to understand and rationalise conflicting points of view to reach an optimum solution.
Site Work Experience: - Minimum 5 Years in Substation Commissioning.
- Current / Voltage Transformer Test.
- Power Transformer Test.
- Reactor Test.
- Outdoor / GIS Switchgear up to 400kV Network.
- Protection Relays (ABB / GE / SCHNEIDER / SIEMENS) used for
a.) O/H line & U/G cable.
b.) Power Transformer & Reactor.
c.) Distance Protection.
d.) Busbar Protection.
e.) Stuck Breaker Protection.
f.) Load Shedding Scheme.
g.) AVC Scheme.
- Back Energisation Test for Differential Protection using Generator.
- Functional Test for Control & Protection Panel.
- On Load Test.
- Commissioning File preparation.
Health & Safety: Experienced in compiling associated RAMS for all the Commissioning works.
How to apply:
You can apply for this job by sending a CV/written application to:
High Voltage Substation Services Limited
Orbital 25 Business Park
or email to: email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.